Temporary IT Helpdesk Assistant (maternity cover), The Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust, WakefieldFrancis
Location: St. Wilfrids Catholic High School and Sixth Form College
Closing Date: March 8, 2021
PART TIME POSITION 27.5 HOURS PER WEEK – 09:00 to 15:00 Monday – Friday (Term Time Only)
TERM TIME SALARY: Grade 3 £11,509 – £11,739 (FTE £18,562 – £18,933)
CLOSING DATE: Monday 8th March 2021 at 4pm
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO START IN APRIL 2021
We are looking for a suitably qualified and enthusiastic person who has good customer service skills, ideally with sufficient IT knowledge to provide first line support as part of the Trust IT Team.
This role is based at St Wilfrids Catholic High School and Sixth Form College who are part of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust.
The post covers a number of areas, specifically:
- Providing both face to face and telephone assistance to staff and pupils across the BKCAT Trust schools regarding IT faults. Many faults are not expected to be resolved by first line support and therefore logged and assigned to a suitable technician.
- Managing the IT Helpdesk whilst being aware of the ticket system and their status ready to update staff and students as required.
- Organise and arrange manufacturer repairs for IT equipment and facilitate the loaning of equipment, ensuring that all is logged and documented correctly.
- Keep an accurate record of IT equipment on our Asset Register.
- Provide administrative support to the IT Team including logging tickets, managing user accounts, keeping records of policies and preparing documentation.
All duties of this role are to provide an effective IT service to all schools in the Trust and the Trust Central Office.
In return we can offer:
- A warm, supportive schools and parish communities.
- Supportive and forward thinking Senior Leadership Teams and Academy Councils.
- A commitment to your induction and opportunities to work with other colleagues across the BKCAT.
- Relevant courses and other means to improve your personal development, ICT skills and knowledge.
Further details and an application form are available on the vacancies page.
Should you wish to discuss the post further, please contact: Craig Tubby, Trust IT Manager at Central Trust Office on 01924 802285.
Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Monday 8th March 2021.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 18th March 2021.
The Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.