Teaching Assistant (Maternity Cover), St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, GooleCeri
Location: St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Goole
Teaching Assistant – Maternity Cover
27.5 hours per week (8.45am-3.30pm) – Term Time only
Expected start date: Tuesday 4th January
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £18,198 FTE (£11,496.73)
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is seeking to appoint a motivated, committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team of staff. This post is maternity cover from 4th January 2022 for a period of 12 months.
Main Functions: The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Caring, patient and understanding.
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Cool-tempered and positive attitude
- Firm but kind personality
- Committed to building brighter futures.
- Attentive to the unique needs of each pupil and be able to identify proper solutions when pupils encounter issues.
- A love for teaching and the ability to build a trusting relationship with pupils, teachers and parents.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as you’ll be collaborating with other teachers, working with pupils and talking to families.
- Work with small groups of pupils to enhance the learning process.
- Reinforce lessons by reviewing material with pupils one-on-one or in small groups.
- Assist with classroom instruction and provide support and guidance to pupils.
- Maintain a supportive, safe and clean classroom environment.
- Able to scaffold resources and support individual children with specific needs.
- Assist teachers with various tasks including helping them to prepare lesson plans or by getting equipment or materials for specific lessons.
- Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as taking attendance registers
- Set up necessary material for classes (e.g. projectors, chemistry sets)
- Escort and supervise pupils on field trips and other school activities
- Follow school and class rules to teach pupils proper behaviour and report to teachers about possible behavioural issues
- Familiarity with school administrative tasks and learning methods
- Supervise pupils outside of the classroom, such as between classes, during break times etc.
In return we can offer:
- A strong inclusive environment where our ethos is central to all we do
- A warm and welcoming school that is unique in its richness and diversity
- A caring, hardworking and dedicated school team who are committed to a child-centred approach to maximise improvement
- Enthusiastic and inquisitive children who are wonderful to work with
- A commitment to strong partnerships between children, parents, school team, governors, the local parishes and the wider community
- A commitment to continuing professional development and career progression for all
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; as such we will pursue safer recruitment processes and will verify all references.
How to apply: An application form and all other supplementary forms are available on the Trust’s vacancies page. All applications must be submitted on the CES application form. Please submit all applications to email@example.com by 12pm on 10th December 2021.
Closing date: Friday 1oth December at 12pm
Shortlisting: 13th December 2021
Interview: 15th December 2021 – this will be conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams