School Business Manager Officer, St. Austin’s Catholic Primary School, WakefieldCeri
Location: St. Austin's Catholic Primary School, Wakefield
Closing Date: July 30, 2021
Salary details: Term Time Only salary- £23,198.67- £25,362.22 (FTE salary- £28,672-£31,346)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a School Business Manager to join our school.
We have extremely high standards and expectations and are looking to appoint someone to join our well established Team, in this very important role. Full details of the role and requirements are detailed in the job specification. The successful candidate will be experienced and skilled in working in a busy school environment at a senior level. In addition, you will have experience of dealing with financial and HR aspects of the school including payroll information and overseeing financial control systems. You will also be proficient in working with IT systems.
The successful candidate will:
- be professional when dealing with parents, staff, children and other stakeholders in the school
- be highly motivated, hardworking and proactive
- have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to working as part of a team
- be committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school
- Have significant experience working in a school office environment at a senior level.
Key duties will include:
- Undertaking recruitment/service contracts/induction/appraisal/training/mentoring for other staff
- Managing the administration of Payroll systems
- Taking a lead role in planning, monitoring and evaluation of budgets and management of expenditure
- Managing financial administration procedures and managing school licences and insurance.
- Undertaking research and obtaining information to inform decisions
- Take a lead role in the recruitment of support staff and in managing associated employment procedures.
In return, we can offer:
- a warm, supportive school and parish community
- wonderful children who deserve the best
- a supportive and forward thinking Senior Leadership Team and Academy Council
- a commitment to your induction, professional development and opportunities to work with other colleagues across the BKCAT
- a commitment to continuing professional development and career progression for all.
All applicants must be happy to play a full part in the life of our school and actively support the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos.
The school is part of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust. As a Trust we have a vision that goes beyond our individual academies and that changes our perception from my academy to our academy. Working collaboratively, each academy benefits from others’ strengths and expertise within the Trust and practically from the services provided and procured centrally. Therefore the successful candidates normal place of work will be at St Austin’s Catholic Primary School, however the Academy Trust Company reserves the right to require employees to work at other schools should it reasonably be required from time to time.
Please note that the school are adhering to all relevant measures to ensure the workplace is as Covid secure as possible.
Application forms should be returned to Ceri Hall, Trust HR Assistant, on the email email@example.com at the BKCAT Central Team Office.
Closing date: Friday 30th July at 12noon
Interview date: Thursday 5th August
Visits to the school can be arranged by appointment. If you would like to find out more about our school, please ring the school office on 01924339435 to make arrangements.
The BKCAT is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility. The successful candidate must have good references and enhanced DBS checked.