Nurture & Pastoral Support Worker, Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, HemsworthCeri
Location: Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Hemsworth
Closing Date: September 24, 2021
Salary details: G4 Actual Salary – £16,110 – £16,432 (Pro-rata /Term Time Only) FTE equivalent salary £19,312 – £19,698 – per annum.
Contract Type: Full Time. Permanent.
Hours per Week: 37 hours per week. Term Time Only.
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a Nurture & Pastoral Support Worker, to support their children and families.
Overall Purpose of the Post:
- To support the Senior Leadership Team to provide a safe environment for pupils to develop and learn.
- To liaise with outside agencies to provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all pupils at the school.
- To build links and work in partnership with parents, carers and professionals to promote the wellbeing of the children and young people in the care of the school.
- To work with identified children across the school in order to raise self-esteem, aspirations, attendance and academic performance.
- To monitor and support families to ensure children attend school on time each day.
- To develop effective mentoring relationships with both children and their families.
We pride ourselves in the high standards that all our staff hold and we are seeking to appoint
someone to join our team in this very important role. Ideally, the successful candidate will need to
be experienced and skilled in working with children, families and outside agencies.
The successful candidate will:
- be enthusiastic, highly motivated, hardworking, and committed to supporting all pupils with social and emotional needs.
- enable all pupils to access school life and the curriculum, by working alongside teaching staff and the SENDCO.
- have high expectations and will nurture and encourage our children to fulfil their potential.
- have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to working as part of a team.
- be a practicing Catholic or committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
In return, we can offer:
- a friendly, supportive school and parish community.
- very well behaved children who enjoy learning.
- a supportive and forward thinking Senior Leadership Team and Academy Council.
- a commitment to your induction, professional development and opportunities to work with other colleagues across the BKCAT.
All applicants must be happy to play a full part in the life of our school and actively support the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos. The school is part of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust.
Application forms and further details are available to download from the Trust vacancies page, or by contacting Mrs Alison Norcup (Senior Admin Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org.
All completed application forms need to be returned to the school by midday on 24th September. Electronic applications should be sent to email@example.com
Candidates are most welcome and encouraged to arrange a visit to the school by appointment. Please contact Mrs. Thompson, Head of School on (01977) 625354 to arrange a visit.
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Closing Date: Friday 24th September 12.00pm
Interviews: Wednesday 29th September 2021