Head of Inclusion/Safeguarding, Holy Family Catholic High School, CarltonCeri
Location: Holy Family Catholic High School, Carlton
Closing Date: May 19, 2022
Established National Teacher Pay and Conditions apply (L6 – L10 dependent on experience)
Commencing September 2022
The Governors of the Holy Family Catholic High School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational individual with the leadership skills to lead and drive the improvement agenda for inclusion and safeguarding.
The overall purpose of the post is to support the realisation of the vision, values and aims of the school through robust school self-evaluation, clear school improvement planning and strong professional practice relating to inclusion and safeguarding. Therefore, we are seeking an exceptional leader and outstanding practitioner with a proven record of securing good and outstanding outcomes for all pupils.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Leading the inclusion team so as to secure high expectations, effective deployment of resources and improved learning outcomes for all pupils.
- Liaising with external networks, partnerships and providers to coordinate effective provision and support local fair access arrangements.
- Being the senior designated person for safeguarding including child protection to include:
- Ensuring safeguarding practice, policies, procedures, systems and training are robust, up-to-date and implemented by all staff.
- Attendance at a range of child protection/safeguarding meetings as required.
- Working closely with curriculum leaders to make sure that the curriculum is relevant, accessible and engaging for all pupils.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience as a Designated Safeguarding Lead in education.
- Will be fully supportive of the school’s Catholic ethos.
- Has the ability, drive and passion to raise standards so that all students from their different starting points make good and outstanding progress.
- Has the ability to plan and work strategically including working in partnership with other leaders across the school.
- Will be willing to lead whole school initiatives as necessary.
- Will make a commitment to contributing to the extra-curricular life of the school.
This post is ideally suited for someone with drive, resilience and determination, who is keen to gain experience within a highly ambitious and hardworking organisation.
Please contact Jane Lemm, PA to the Headteacher for an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity on 01405 863619 or email email@example.com for an application pack.
The Holy Family Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance. The Holy Family Catholic High School is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: Thursday 19 May 2022 at 12 noon
Interviews: Tuesday 24 May 2022