General Teaching Assistant to assist a SEN pupil required, St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, SelbyCeri
Location: St Mary's Catholic Primary School, Selby
Closing Date: September 30, 2021
General Teaching Assistant to assist a SEN pupil required
The Governing Body at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School wish to appoint an enthusiastic, well- motivated and adaptable General Teaching Assistant to assist with the needs of a SEN child. St Mary’s is a hard- working, friendly school which has a very good reputation. We are looking to add to our strong, caring team “Loving, Laughing and Learning in the Light of the Lord”.
Contract: Temporary contract dependent on the EHCP funding, this is expected to last up to a year
Hours: 10 hours per week, Term time only
Salary: Grade C- £9.43 p/h (FTE £18,198 per annum)
We are looking for someone who has:
- an awareness of child/young people’s development and learning
- good communication skills, both written and verbally to build relationships with adults and children
- experience working with young people with special educational needs, however this is not essential
- a relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- good numeracy and literacy skills
- inspires children with a love of learning, demonstrate shared commitment to raising standards and provide support for all children.
Key duties will include:
- support pre planned learning/behaviour activities as directed by the teacher
- assist teachers in the implementation of appropriate behaviour management and teaching & learning strategies
- under the general direction of the teacher participate in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with pupils, parents/carers and with other agencies/professionals
- prepare classroom materials and learning areas, and undertake minor clerical duties e.g. photocopying and displaying pupils work
- using agreed structured observation as directed by the class teacher to feedback on learning, behaviour, participation and achievement, to support the planning and evaluation of the learning process in respect of groups and individual students
We can offer you:
- a commitment to you and support for your own professional development and career progression
- a team committed to supporting each other and working together to maintain and improve standards
- an encouragement to develop ideas
- enthusiastic children who are keen to do well
- a happy and caring ethos in which all individuals are valued
- support from a strong partnership of 15 schools within the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust
All applicants must be happy to play a full part in the life of our school and actively support the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos.
Closing date: 30th September 2021
Interviews to be arranged from: 11th October 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory references.
Application details and information packs are available from the school office or email: firstname.lastname@example.org