Class Teacher 0.2 FTE- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, SelbyCeri
Location: St Mary's Catholic Primary School, Selby
Closing Date: October 8, 2021
Class Teacher – 0.2 FTE, MPS
The Governing Body at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School wish to appoint an enthusiastic, well- motivated and adaptable class teacher. The post will be to cover the year 6 class teacher’s secondment on a Friday each week for this and next academic year. St Mary’s is a hard- working, friendly school which has a very good reputation. We are looking to add to our strong, caring team “Loving, Laughing and Learning in the Light of the Lord”.
Applications are invited from both experienced and newly qualified teachers. The post will be offered as a fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner
- Show empathy and understanding of the Catholic ethos of the school
- Be creative and energetic
- Have high expectations for attainment and progress
- Work well as part of a team
- Inspire children with a love of learning, demonstrate shared commitment to raising standards and provide support for all children.
- Have excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum and will be able to plan innovative and engaging lessons that will meet the needs of children with a variety of abilities.
The main duties will be:
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the areas of teaching and pupil support for which post-holder is responsible
- Plan work to meet the learning needs of allocated pupils in a consistent and effective way
- Use appropriate teaching and classroom management strategies to motivate pupils and enable each to progress
- Monitor the progress of pupils for whom the postholder is responsible to set expectations and give constructive feedback
- Maintain appropriate records to demonstrate progress made by pupils
- Participate fully in professional development activities to develop practice further, sharing the learning from these as appropriate
- Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
We can offer the successful candidate:
- a commitment to you and support for your own professional development and career progression
- a team committed to supporting each other and working together to maintain and improve standards
- an encouragement to develop ideas
- enthusiastic children who are keen to do well
- a happy and caring ethos in which all individuals are valued
- support from a strong partnership of 15 schools within the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust
Visits to the school can be arranged by contacting the school office. Application details and information packs are available from the school either by email:firstname.lastname@example.org and through the school website and Trust vacancies page.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory references.
Closing date: 8 October 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 18 October 2021