Administrative Officer, St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, PontefractCeri
Location: St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Pontefract
Closing Date: August 26, 2022
Administrative Officer Required
Working hours per week: 37 hours per week (term time only), Monday to Friday 8 am – 4 pm, Friday, with an unpaid lunch break of 30 minutes Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 1 hour on Wednesday.
Salary Per Annum: Grade: 4, SCP: 5-6, £16,392.90 – £16,720.76 pro rata for term time only (£19,650 – £20,043 FTE)
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is a friendly, caring and popular school filled with happy, enthusiastic and talented children, and equally happy, enthusiastic, talented and committed staff.
In line with their new staffing structure, the Governors of St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School wish to appoint an Administrative Officer to join their committed school team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is committed to the Catholic ethos which is central to the school.
- Is a welcoming and professional public face for the school.
- Has a calm, positive approach and can multitask.
- Is self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.
- Can inspire, innovate and work with others to problem-solve.
- Is an excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Has excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Key duties will include:
- Upholding confidentiality at all times.
- Undertaking reception duties, answering general telephone and face to face queries and signing in visitors.
- Maintaining manual and computerised records/management of information systems.
- Operating relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. Word, Excel, databases, internet browsers).
- Assisting in the collection, recording and banking of money in relation to school activities.
- Undertaking general financial administration e.g. processing orders.
- Providing an effective, efficient and confidential reception and administrative service to the school.
We can offer you:
- A strong and inclusive environment where our ethos is central to all we do.
- A warm and welcoming school that is unique in its richness and diversity.
- A staff health and wellbeing programme and support.
- A commitment to strong partnerships between children, parents, the school team, governors, the local parish and the wider community.
- a commitment to your induction, professional development and opportunities to work with other colleagues across the BKCAT.
All applicants must be happy to play a full part in the life of our school and actively support the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos.
Application deadline: 12 noon on Friday 26th August 2022
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 29th August 2022
Start date: Tuesday 6th September 2022
Please note we are unable to accept speculative CVs.
All our correspondence regarding this vacancy will be sent via email, so please check your emails regularly for updates on your application. We also advise you to check your junk/spam folder as some emails may end up there depending on your mail provider settings.
The BKCAT is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to safeguarding all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility. The successful candidate must have good references and enhanced DBS checked.