1:1 Teaching Assistant (SEND), St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, MoorthorpeCeri
Location: St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Moorthorpe
Closing Date: April 16, 2021
Contract Type: Fixed Term Temporary Contract, linked specifically to a pupil with SEND
Hours per Week: 27.5 (Term Time Only)
Salary details: G4 £19,312 – £19,698 pro rata – Term Time Only
A 1:1 Teaching Assistant (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)) is required as soon as possible, to support a pupil with cognitive learning difficulties, as well as speech, language and communication needs.
We pride ourselves in the high standards that all our staff hold for our school and we are looking to appoint someone to join our support team in this very important role. Ideally, the successful candidate will need to be experienced and skilled in working with pupils with complex learning needs, who are working below age related expectations (pre-key stage).
The successful candidate will:
- be enthusiastic, highly motivated, hardworking, and committed to supporting a pupil with SEND.
- enable this pupil to access school life and the curriculum, through modification/differentiation, by working alongside Teaching Staff and the SENDCO.
- have high expectations and will nurture and encourage our children to fulfil their potential.
- have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to working as part of a team.
- be a practicing Catholic or committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
In return, we can offer:
- a friendly, supportive school and parish community.
- very well behaved children who enjoy learning .
- a supportive and forward thinking Senior Leadership Team and Academy Council.
- a commitment to your induction, professional development and opportunities to work with other colleagues across the BKCAT.
All applicants must be happy to play a full part in the life of our school and actively support the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos. The school is part of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust.
Application forms and further details are available to download from the vacancies page on the Trust website.
If you require any further information, please email Terri Sharp (Senior Office Admin) firstname.lastname@example.org. All completed application forms need to be returned to the school by midday on Friday 16th April 2021. Electronic applications should be sent to email@example.com
In conjunction with our COVID Risk Assessment, candidates are most welcome to arrange a visit to the school, by appointment. Please contact Mrs Sharp on 01977 651755 to arrange a visit with the Interim Executive Headteacher, Mrs Bird.
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Interviews: Friday 23rd April 2021