1:1 Teaching Assistant (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)), St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, MoorthorpeCeri
Location: St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Moorthorpe
Closing Date: September 24, 2021
1:1 Teaching Assistant (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
Salary details: G4 Actual Salary – £11,974 (Pro-rata /Term Time Only, FTE equivalent salary – £19,312 per annum.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Temporary Contract, linked specifically to a pupil with SEND
Hours per Week: 27.5 (Term Time Only)
A 1:1 Teaching Assistant (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)) is required, to start as soon as possible, to support a pupil with multiple and complex physical difficulties, who is wheelchair dependent and has medical care, which has an impact on day-to-day functioning.
We pride ourselves in the high standards that all our staff hold for our school and we are looking to appoint someone to join our support team in this very important role. Ideally, the successful candidate will need to be experienced and skilled in working with pupils with complex needs.
The successful candidate will:
- be enthusiastic, highly motivated, hardworking, and committed to supporting a pupil with SEND.
- enable this pupil to access school life and the curriculum, through modification/differentiation, by working alongside Teaching Staff and the SENDCO.
- have high expectations and will nurture and encourage our children to fulfil their potential.
- have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to working as part of a team.
- be a practicing Catholic or committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
In return, we can offer:
- a friendly, supportive school and parish community.
- very well behaved children who enjoy learning.
- a supportive and forward thinking Senior Leadership Team and Academy Council.
- a commitment to your induction, professional development and opportunities to work with other colleagues across the BKCAT.
All applicants must be happy to play a full part in the life of our school and actively support the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos. The school is part of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust.
Application forms and further details are available to download from our school website:
If you require any further information, please email Kerry Fletcher (Senior Admin Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org. All completed application forms need to be returned to the school by midday on 24th September. Electronic applications should be sent to email@example.com
Candidates are most welcome to arrange a visit to the school by appointment. Please contact Mrs. Fletcher on (01977) 651755 to arrange a visit.
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Closing Date: Friday 24th September 12.00pm
Interviews: Tuesday 28th September 2021.