Deputy Headteacher for St. Joseph’s Primary School, Moorthorpe
Posted on: 12th March 2019
Closing Date: 1st April 2019
Required from September 2019
NOR 222 Salary Range L4- L8
“In 2017, St Joseph’s was placed in the top 1% of Primary Schools in
England for attainment in Reading and Mathematics, at the end of Key Stage 2”
We are looking for an innovative, creative and inspirational Deputy Headteacher who:
- Is a committed and practising Catholic
- Will work closely with the Headteacher and Senior Leaders to deliver the strategic vision of our school
- Is an outstanding practitioner, with an ability to inspire, lead and develop teaching and learning throughout our school, with a proven track record of outstanding outcomes
- Is an excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Has high expectations and is unrelenting in their pursuit of excellence to help make St Joseph’s an ‘outstanding’ school
The successful candidate will find an inspired community of motivated and supportive staff, children and Academy Councillors with a positive sense of vision and mission. In return, we can offer:
- a ‘good’ school, with continually improving outcomes for all
- very well behaved children who enjoy learning due to the curriculum offer we provide for our children
- a supportive and forward thinking Senior Leadership Team and Academy Council
- a commitment to your induction, professional development, well-being and opportunities to work with other colleagues across the Academy Trust.
All applicants must be happy to play a full part in the life of our school and actively support the school’s distinctive Catholic ethos.
The school is part of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust (BKCAT). The BKCAT comprises 10 primary and 2 secondary academies which work closely together to raise standards for the benefit of all our children. Within our academies, are communities where our children and young people are given a clear vision for life – a vision which is rooted in the person and teachings of Jesus Christ and which is faithful to the mission of the Catholic Church.
Candidates are most welcome to arrange a visit to the school by appointment – please contact Mrs. Kelly, School Administrator, on 01977 651755 to arrange a visit.
All completed application forms should be returned to Jacquie Devoy, Trust HR Manager, Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust, The Zucchi Suite, Nostell Business Estate, Nostell, Wakefield, WF4 1AB or via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Please find the application pack and supporting documentation below:
Closing date: Monday, 1st April 2019, at Midday
Interview: Monday 15th April 2019