We, at English Martyrs, believe that the Catholic Faith should be central to and permeate all aspects of school life. We aim to achieve this through the teaching of the curriculum, prayer and worship.
We aim to foster a caring environment where individuals value and respect one another. We aim to positively encourage and enable the children to fulfil their own potential, building their self-confidence and self-esteem and equipping them with the knowledge and skills they will require in later life.
We aim to increase each child’s awareness of the need for discipline and ultimately develop self-discipline.
We recognise the importance of, and aim to develop, a working reciprocal partnership between home, school and parish. We also encourage the children to take an interest in and play an active part in the wider community. As followers of Jesus Christ our Mission is to provide the opportunity for each individual to develop intellectually, morally and spiritually in a happy and caring environment.
We aim to serve our community as an inclusive practising school and to improve the achievements of all the pupils by improving the quality of teaching and learning, curriculum provision and leadership and management.
At English Martyrs all pupils, at some point on the journey from Reception to Y6, will be provided with the following opportunities:
– To participate in liturgy and celebrate Mass
– To represent our school in sport, music or art
– To have a speaking or acting part in a school production
– To learn at least two musical instruments
– To experience a residential outdoor activity weekend
– To experience a day and residential spiritual retreat experience
– To plant, grow and cook produce