The Trust’s SharePoint is a powerful web-based software tool that enables collaborative working across the MAT.
SharePoint will make collaborative working simpler and straight forward, providing a secure environment to store, edit, organise and share information with colleagues using your desktop computer or mobile device.
SharePoint offers a number of advantages:
- –Send links to documents and information so you do not have to email large attachments
- –Collaborate on documents or information so that it is in one place, eliminating the need to merge feedback from different people into one final document
- –Everyone within a team or working on a project will know which is the latest copy of a document as it is stored in one place and is accessible by all
- –Set alerts so you can see when something has been updated and by whom
- –Using the security options in SharePoint, sensitive content can be stored where access is provided to a limited number of people; or you have the option to distribute work freely and widely
- –Apps such as a calendar, task list, contact lists, discussion board and others can be added to your team site. You will be able to manage and design some aspects of your site to suit your needs